All too often the lawyers in our practice handle cases for good kids who have found themselves in trouble. Whether it be school discipline or contact with law enforcement, the best way to protect your children is to understand how the laws work in Colorado and create a dialogue about how to help your kids make good decisions. We invite you and your child (or grandchild) to attend this two-hour seminar to discuss the pitfalls teenagers face in Colorado. We hope our collective experience can help your children avoid mistakes that can have lifelong consequences.
- The temptation of drugs and alcohol and the consequences you could face.
- Sex, sexting and the laws of consent.
- School disciplinary consequences and what to do if you are contacted by the police.
- Social media, cyber-bullying and the use of electronic devices.
When: We will be doing four sessions. Please choose a date and click one of the following links to register:
- Monday, February 17, 2020 from 6-8 pm.
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020 from 6-8 pm.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 from 6-8 pm.
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 from 6-8 pm (focused on graduating seniors, but open to all).
Who: Active 8th – 12th grade students and their parents.
Where: Each seminar will be held at the law offices of Foster Graham Milstein & Calisher, LLP located at 360 South Garfield Street, Suite 600, Denver, CO 80209. Parking is available at no charge.
How: Please RSVP using the links above or call 303-333-9810. Space is extremely limited, so please sign up early.
Note: The seminar is FREE to attend. All students must attend with at least one parent or legal guardian. The topics to be discussed will contain explicit language and references. We look forward to seeing you!