Lara M. Baker
Lara Baker specializes in criminal defense litigation. A seasoned trial lawyer, Ms. Baker has successfully tried and defended adult and juvenile criminal matters, including first/second degree murder, sexual assault, domestic violence, fraud, armed robbery, felony drug cases, among others. Often times the handling of a criminal matter requires attention to ancillary considerations such as regulatory, employment, academic or public profile consequences. Ms. Baker’s practice involves the representation of clients in state level misdemeanor and felony cases, as well as defense against various regulatory and law enforcement agencies throughout the state.
Ms. Baker is named one of The Best Lawyers in America©, 2018, 5280’s “Top Lawyers” and a “Colorado Super Lawyer,” and was named a fellow to Litigation Counsel of America. She routinely teaches Continuing Legal Education courses on various aspects of criminal practice, including motions work, sentencing considerations and juvenile justice. Ms. Baker is well-known in the Denver metro area for a series of workshops she routinely gives to student and community organizations about the juvenile criminal justice system.
Ms. Baker is admitted to practice in the State of Colorado, the United States District Court of Colorado, and the United States Supreme Court.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2005
- University of Colorado, Leeds School of Business, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Cum laude, 1999
- United States District Court, Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Named by U.S. News and World Report, one of the “Best Lawyers in America,” (2018) – Recognizes the top 4% of practicing attorneys in the United States
- Named by 5280 Magazine one of Colorado’s “Top Lawyers” (2015, 2018)
- Named a Colorado Super Lawyer (2012-2016, 2018)
- Named a fellow to Litigation Counsel of America (2017) – Peer selected honor society, which includes less than ½ of 1% of the best trial lawyers in the country
- Member of National Trial Lawyers Association, “Top 40 Under 40” & “Top 100”
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Board of Directors, 2014-2016
- University of Colorado Joint Task Force with Boulder District Attorney for Student Athletes, 2012-2015
- Colorado Judicial Institute, member
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, member
- National Trial Lawyers Association, member
- Anti-Defamation League, Glass Partners-in-Leadership, 2010
- Rose Community Foundation, Roots and Branches Leadership Board, 2009
- Presenter: Get Ready for College Boot Camp for College Bound Young Men; Offices of Foster, Graham, Milstein & Calisher, LLP, Denver, CO April 2015
- People v. Frye, 277 P.3d 825 (Colo.App. Jun 24, 2010)
- Montez v. Owens, 2008 WL 7690763 ( D.Colo 2008)