Mr. Canter has appeared in a variety of civil matters, including lawsuits alleging negligence, assault and battery, product liability, toxic tort, premises liability, false imprisonment, slander, libel, defamation, construction defect, insurance bad faith, insurance subrogation, and breach of contract. Mr. Canter also represents individuals cited for alcohol-related driving offenses.
- J.D., Southwestern University SCALE Program, 1989
- M.A., Program ( Associate Instructor: Introduction to Public Speaking and Small Group Communication), University of California, Davis, 1986
- B.A., Rhetoric (Major) and Political Science, University of California, Davis, 1984
- State of Colorado, 2002
- State of California, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Tenth Circuit
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
Super Lawyers, Civil Litigation, 2017 – 2018
- Root! Root! Root! for the Client – FGMC’s June 2018 Newsletter
- Fisher vs. State Farm: The good, the bad and the ugly” Presented at the Colorado Defense Lawyers Association Annual Conference 2015
- 2003,2004,2005,2006 and 2007 Annual Survey of Colorado Law, “Evidence,” Published by Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc.
- “Tort Liability vs. No Fault: What Did We Do?” Presented at Flood & Peterson Ins., 6th Annual Risk Management Symposium.