For almost two decades, Gary Lozow has been chosen by his fellow lawyers, “Best Lawyers in America”, Chambers USA, and Colorado “Super Lawyers” as one of the state and country’s top criminal defense attorneys.
He is a past Fellow of The American College of Trial Lawyers, and has been named in the Denver Business Journal awards for top white collar criminal defense attorneys.
Gary has extensive state and federal trial experience in the area of criminal law. Gary has tried and won murder cases, violent crime cases, sexual assault cases, narcotics cases as well as white collar cases including matters involving securities, medicaid fraud, tax evasion, and multiple complex federal matters.
Examples of Gary’s recent work include:
* 2011: represented Jack Arbess charged with twelve counts of theft and organized crime violations, white collar case – acquitted (Denver).
* 2010: represented physican accused of stabbing nurse at SkyRidge Hospital – case dismissed (Douglas county).
* 2010: represented Herbert Frye murder case “cold case” – case dismissed (Arapahoe county).
* defended head of mergers and acquisitions for Qwest Communication (Federal indictment)
* represented the Klebold family as their private lawyer in relation to Columbine High School issues,
* represented Centennial Sanitation and Water District,
* represented Michael Wise, CEO of Silverado Savings and Loan who was acquitted in the United States District Court of Colorado,
* represented Thomas Miller who was charged with commercial bribery in a relation to the “Ramsey Case” – acquitted (Jefferson county).
* represented Saudi citizen Naif al-Yousif charged with murder of a fellow Saudi
* represents “Dog the Bounty Hunter”,
* represented defendant in “Penny Con” stock fraud case – acquitted United States District Court of Colorado,
* represented defendant in Federal Gambling case – acquitted,
* represented Joe Hightower, multi-defendant narcotics case as lead counsel in United States vs. Hightower. One of the few successful wiretap suppression cases in the Tenth Circuit,
*successfully represented one of two individuals charged in the Summitville Federal environmental criminal indictment,
* represented Defendant murder case in Adams county – eighteen minute acquittal.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, past-member of Board of Directors
- Anti-Defamation League
- Allied Jewish Federation
- Faculty of Federal Advocates, Board of Directors
- Inns of Court
Recently in the News
- Criminal Defense, Federal and State
- Constitutional and Civil Rights Litigation
- Regulatory Practice – defense of attorneys and physicians
- Parallel Proceedings
- Indiana University, B.A. (1965)
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D. (1968)
- Anti-Defamation League, past Chairman
- Mr. Lozow played a key role in the enactment of Colorado’s “ethnic intimidation laws”
- Colorado Judicial Institute Board Member
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Taught or lectured at various CLE seminars
Awards & Honors
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Humanitarian Award
- Anti-Defamation League Civil Rights Award
- Multiple listings in Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, & Chambers USA for work in criminal defense
Colorado, State and Federal