David WM. Foster
David is a co-managing partner of Foster Graham Milstein & Calisher LLP. Originally founded in 1999, Foster Graham Milstein & Calisher LLP (FGMC) was quickly recognized as one of Denver’s “up and coming” law firms by providing effective and innovative legal representation focused on the achievement of client goals. Due to its entrepreneurial approach and fresh perspective, the Denver Business Journal featured FGMC’s attorneys as emerging “Young Guns” on the local legal scene in 2001. Since then, FGMC’s dedication to excellence and its singular focus on the interests of its clients has witnessed the rapid growth of the firm into a vibrant, multi-faceted practice.
David’s practice is adept at balancing public and private interests and has been achieving serious results for his clients for over 20 years by consistently finding a better way to do the deal – better in terms of creativity, efficiency and the ability to bring parties with seemingly disparate interests to common ground.
David is experienced in the complexities of all areas of land use law and real estate development including entitlements, annexation, infill redevelopment, mixed-use, zoning, transportation and infrastructure development, facilities development agreements, and intergovernmental agreements. David has worked with numerous governmental jurisdictions in assisting clients in the development of real property in Colorado.
- Real Estate and Land Development
- Zoning and Land Use Litigation
- Government Affairs/Lobbying
- University of Colorado, Boulder, B.A., 1990
- University of Denver, College of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of Colorado, Denver, M.P.A., 1998
- State and Federal Courts of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Campaign Chair, Shwayder Camp of Congregation Emanuel
- Cherry Creek Area Business Alliance, Board Member
- George Washington High School IB Foundation, Board Member
- Denver Jewish Day School, Former Chair of the Board
- Rose Community Foundation, Jewish Life Committee, Former Board Member
- Founding Member, Civic Center Conservancy
- Founding Member, School District 27J Capital Facility Fee Foundation
- 5280 Top Lawyer, 2016 – 2018
- Denver Jewish Day School, Neshamah Yeteirah Award, 2014
- Head Coach, Hamilton Middle School Girls Soccer, City Champions, 2014, 2015
- Torch of Liberty Award, ADL, 2007
- Colorado Statesman’s 50 for the Future, 2007
- Ruth & Warren Toltz Young Leadership Award, AJF, 2016
- Denver Business Journal’s Forty Under Forty, 2005
- Frequent Presenter: Land Use Conference on Land Use Development from a Private Perspective, CLE International
- Presenter: Colorado Institute for Leadership Training on Land Use Issues
- Presenter: Democratic leadership training on Land Use issues
- City of Colorado Springs v. Securcare Self Storage, Inc., 10 P.3d 1244 (Colo. 2000).
- In re Marriage of LeBlanc, 944 P.2d 686 (Colo. App. 1997).
- Colorado Real Estate Journal, June 2, 2010 – June 15, 2010, “Is Telluride, the case, dead?”