How To File An Insurance Claim
What information will the insurance company need?
After an accident, no matter how minor, you are required to make a report to your insurance company. While you should generally get an experienced attorney’s assistance before you sign any actual documents, you are encouraged to give the company a thorough report.
Some of the information you will need to gather is:
- Contact information for all involved parties, including information on their insurance company and policy
- Make, model, year, and any other relevant information about any vehicles involved, including license plate numbers
- Photographs documenting the conditions that led to the accident
- Contact information of any witnesses who might be of help in a court case
- Making sure you get an accident report, getting the information necessary about the officer filing it
Let an experienced personal injury attorney help you
Filing an insurance claim can seem like a confusing task, with lots of paperwork. It is advisable to have knowledgeable legal counsel when filing a claim. Our team of experienced Denver car accident attorneys at Foster, Graham, Milstein & Calisher, LLP can help — they are smart, driven, and ready to fight for your rights. Be sure to call (303) 333-9810 for a free consultation.