The handling of a Personal Injury Case due to a car accident is a complex process and you should look for an experienced Denver Personal Injury Attorney if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Colorado. In Colorado, it is significant that your case is handled properly in order to maximize recovery.
Our Denver personal injury attorneys can help
If you have suffered a car accident in Denver, we can help. We are a team of knowledgeable, dedicated, driven personal injury attorneys who handle a variety of injury cases. Whether you need to speak with a Denver tourist accidents attorney, or with a Denver car accident attorney — at Foster, Graham, Milstein & Calisher, LLP, you will find an experienced attorney to help you. Contact us today.
How can the attorneys at FGMC help me?
At FGMC, we will sit down with you, as a team, and analyze the case from all perspectives.
- Our Denver Personal Injury Attorneys initially analyze liability in the accident. This simply means that we review accident reports, witness statements, and other information to determine who is responsible for the accident. Once we determine liability in the accident we then focus on causation and injuries. How did this accident cause you, or your loved one, injuries?
- Once one of our Colorado Accident Attorneys determine that there were injuries as a direct result of the accident we will then investigate what type of medical care and treatment you have received and will continue to receive to ensure that you are physically on the road to recovery. It is critical to understand that we are not medical doctors and we do not, and cannot, prescribe medical care for you. However we are very experienced in understanding injuries that arise from car accidents and we will spend a lot of time reviewing your medical records and course of treatment with you and your doctors. In the event you have not received medical treatment, or do not know where to turn for medical treatment, we can make suggestions to ensure you get the medical attention you need.
- Upon completion of treatment, when your doctors feel as if you are at maximum medical improvement (this is a common term “MMI” used by medical providers that indicates that your treatment is complete and no further medical care will be viable and/or necessary) then we can proceed towards trying to resolve your case with the liable party’s insurance company or your insurance company if needed. It is important to understand that many medical providers may refuse to indicate you are at MMI and therefore we will discuss if and when the case is ready for resolution.
- We organize your complete file including the accident report, witness statements, medical records, medical bills, lost income information, as well as any other necessary documentation and provide these to the insurance company with a demand for settlement. We generally will request a dollar amount that is based in part on the economic losses incurred as well as non-economic factors.
- Once we have made a demand for settlement the insurance company will review their file and our settlement presentation and decide if they will accept our demand or offer a counter-proposal. Our office will go back and forth with the issuance company until we can reach a mutually agreeable number. This can be a long and arduous process. While most cases can be positively resolved in negotiation there are times when we need to file a lawsuit and litigate a case to ensure your rights are protected.
- For those cases that do require litigation many settle during the litigation process. However in the event the case cannot be settled in litigation then the final process is a jury trial where the case is finally resolved.
- The most important thing to remember is that our team will be there with you and your family guiding the way during this difficult time. We will consult step by step throughout the process