Dan represents individuals and businesses in all types of matters and transactions from the start-up stage to exit. His practice focuses on general corporate and business work. Within Colorado’s burgeoning marijuana industry, Dan represents owners, investors, landlords, growers, retailers, and lenders.
His experience includes entity formation and restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, contract negotiation and drafting, corporate governance and joint ventures, among other legal matters involving businesses.
Distressed financial situations and loan workouts are also part of Dan’s practice. Due to his significant experience, Dan skillfully assists corporate debtors, lenders, trustees, creditor committees, and investors, both in and out of bankruptcy court.
- J.D., 1995, Northwestern University School of Law
- B.A., 1989, Swarthmore College
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association (president, Rocky Mountain Chapter)
- Association for Corporate Growth
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Representative Clients and Matters
- Integrated Care Pharmacy, LLC
- The Genetic Locker, Inc.
- Denver Relief Consulting
- Completed Denver Radio Company’s $11.7 million asset sale in Chapter 1 bankruptcy to Guggenhein Corporate Funding, LLC. The transaction included two Denver radio stations and a radio transmittal tower
- Represented Mercury Companies, Inc. and its subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 liquidation
- Represented Mountain City Meat Co., Inc. in its Chapter 11 liquidation
- Represented the $150 million Landmark condominium and mixed use retail development in Chapter 11 and receivership
- Represented the unsecured creditors’ committee of Village Homes of Colorado, Inc.
- Represented the unsecured creditors’ committee of Storm Cat (USA) Operating Corp.
- Represented the unsecured creditors committee of PRB Energy, Inc.
- Represented the unsecured creditors committee of Koala Playgroup, Inc.
- Represented affiliates of Fortress Investment Group in a mezzanine loan foreclosure and workout
- Represented Madison Capital as a secured lender in the Chapter 11 case for a RV park in Florida
- Represented Apollo Management as a DIP lender and shareholder for a $75 million loan in the Chapter 11 case of Clark Retail Services,a multi-state gas station and convenience store chain
- Represented the borrower in a loan workout for a condominium development in Durango, Colorado
- Represented Wells Fargo Business Credit as asset-based lender in several Chapter 11 cases
- Represented affiliates of Dividend Capital as landlord in various Chapter 11 cases